The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Security System question

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  MoparChickie 
#1 ·
On another note - several weeks ago my wife and I get in our Voyager and she goes to start it. The headlights start to flash and horn starts blowing. She shuts it off quickly, lets it sit a minute then starts it again with no problems. We drive around for about an hour or so then head home. The entire way home the headlights are flashing, when we get home I finally get it to stop by disconnecting the battery. Now here is the catch - we have no fobs for this car, have no idea if it is suppose to have an alarm system or keyless entry. There was one in the glove box when we bought the car but it did nothing - even after trying to program it using the owners manual guide. Also both keys are the original keys. How would I tell, using the VIN, if it is suppose to have keyless entry and/or a security system.

Thanks.

Neal

#2 ·
Send a personal to MoparChickie, she can probably tell you.

#3 ·
OUr van has key fobs and every once in a while I will open the door lock with the key in the door method and it will set the alarm of as in the door latch did not send the signal it was opened via a key and then the alarm goes off.

After using the key for it does not do it. It has only happened a couple of times but when we left the lights did not flash.

Did you unlock the door via the key when this happened or was the van unlocked to begin with?

#4 ·
We used the key as we always do. We keep all our vehicles locked even when in our driveway. I will send an email to MoparChickie and see if she can help.

Thanks.

Neal

#6 ·
And I was just gonna do that tomorrow at work!

The last 9 of the VIN are: 03B231449

Thanks for your assistance

Neal

#7 ·
Your minivan did NOT come through with keyless entry or an alarm...

Now it's not to say that the person before you didn't add it, and if they did it was not entered in the Chrysler database.(Dealer installed)

Without seeing the fob, I can't tell whether it is an after market one.

Or it was just a mix up and you have a fob that doesn't go to your minivan.

I know our Sales Dept has a bag full of fobs and are forever coming over to us asking if any of them will fit this vehicle or that vehicle :eekkkk: That is such a PITA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.