Pacifica Wish List



ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pacifica Wish List

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Pacifica Wish List

    As much as I like the styling of the new van, some features have been disappointing.

    The colors are mostly boring, both inside and out. Only the red stands out, and at my age I don't want red. My wife is colorblind, and to her the new van colors all look muddy. My favorite, the light blue, is only available on the hybrid, and I wouldn't give up stow and go seats, even if I had an interest in a hybrid...which I don't.

    The console is also far less functional and handy than premium consoles available in my other vans. Seems a strange place to cut production costs in a 50k dollar vehicle.

    Another feature I love in my '14 T&C Limited is dual glove boxes. New vehicles come with so much paperwork and when you add a few service receipts, one box is full. The Pacifica needs more handy storage. Cup holders are glut, organized paperwork storage is not.

    I'm waiting for any dealer in my area to get enough vans in stock to see and drive a loaded version so I can compare features. Then I can order what equipment I want.

    Mostly I'm hoping a better color selection in the near future...maybe a mid-year spring special. I can live with the existing glove box and console, but I don't want to dislike the color every time I drive it. I did that with one new Mopar, and though it was a decent car, I hated it and quickly got rid of it because of the color.

    Anybody else have a wish list for the Pacifica?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    TEXAS, USA
    Posts
    4,041
    My wish list:

    1.- For them to bring back the 5th. Gen. Looks.








    2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13
    The pacifica needs a screen for the 3rd row entertainment.... the 5th gen has a screen for 2nd and 3rd... and with the pacifica there are dual screens for the 2nd row, and you can't really see them from the 3rd rwo

    It also needs android auto and apple car play

    And a real spare tire

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Watertown, NY
    Posts
    125
    I wish they bring back some of what they've taken out.
    • Opening rear vent windows
    • Removable front console
    • CD player
    • Hard drive in the radio to store music
    • Being able to "select" a gear with shifter. Great for long downhills.
    • Front wiper electric defrost...eliminated many, many years ago.
    Current:
    2011 Town and Country Touring


    Past:
    2000 Dodge Caravan SE/Sport
    1987 Dodge Lancer

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to H20Town For This Useful Post:

    UN4GTBL(02-20-2017)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    The wish lists really point out the different likes and dislikes of a van and how they appeal to different owner age groups. I had entertainment screens in my '11 and my '14 and they were not used...not even once! Since 95% of my driving is alone and often on longer trips, I would have gladly traded the video for a lifetime subscription to satellite radio. I've tried the CD player exactly one time in my '14, and never in earlier models. Same for the hard drive.

    I agree on the spare tire. They were standard on my earlier vans and I ordered one for my '14 right away. I don't want a vehicle without one.

    I think I agree on the shifter. I've only driven vehicles with rotary switch gear selection a couple of times, and it feels like something important is missing.

    Ditto on the vent windows...there are times when they are the perfect way to move air.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,327
    I've driven a new Pacifica Limited, and sat in quite a few of them. I think that overall, I really like the Pacifica. Improved Stow N Go. 8th passenger seating, much nicer interior, and infotainment systems, and I prefer the looks of the Pacifica to the T&C. (I'd love to see a similar update done with the Caravan)

    I wish they would allow the 8 passenger + panoramic sunroof together, standard spare tire, better center console (like the removable Premium Console in the 5th gens), rear vent windows, electric wiper defrosters, and a sporty-ier looking "S" model.

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    The wish lists really point out the different likes and dislikes of a van and how they appeal to different owner age groups. I had entertainment screens in my '11 and my '14 and they were not used...not even once! Since 95% of my driving is alone and often on longer trips, I would have gladly traded the video for a lifetime subscription to satellite radio. I've tried the CD player exactly one time in my '14, and never in earlier models. Same for the hard drive.

    I agree on the spare tire. They were standard on my earlier vans and I ordered one for my '14 right away. I don't want a vehicle without one.

    I think I agree on the shifter. I've only driven vehicles with rotary switch gear selection a couple of times, and it feels like something important is missing.

    Ditto on the vent windows...there are times when they are the perfect way to move air.
    I've driven several vehicles (Ram 1500, 200, & Pacifica) with "The Knob" shifter, and over all I like it (if it has a manual shifting feature) It's rather intuitive, and simple to use, and it's got good positive feedback. I think what is meant RE: the shifter is the ability to choose a specific forward gear, like the 5th gen vans can with the ERS. The Pacifica only has "D" and "L" - and I agree with.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    The wish lists really point out the different likes and dislikes of a van and how they appeal to different owner age groups. I had entertainment screens in my '11 and my '14 and they were not used...not even once! Since 95% of my driving is alone and often on longer trips, I would have gladly traded the video for a lifetime subscription to satellite radio. I've tried the CD player exactly one time in my '14, and never in earlier models. Same for the hard drive.
    Not everyone should be forced to buy them - but the options should be available

    I have a GMC Yukon that I drove alone, and it has a rear entertainment screen that I never use... but I don't think I'd be telling GMC to remove them completely.

    Same with CD, hard drive, etc..

    Part of what makes the T&C/Caravan platform so great is that is configurable for so many buyers. Pacifica, not so much.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    I'm not suggesting that any option should be dropped because I don't like it. I'm only stating my preferences for certain features. My Limited model would be a dog sitting on the used car lot if it didn't have the entertainment features most customers with children demand. I can live with hauling around unused screens, while at the same time being irritated having to re-buy my entertainment preference every year and not having a place to store those items I'm required to haul around.

    My disappointment is that I can't get features I liked so much on previous vans...features touted as selling points for years. If the things I like are eliminated I'm less likely to shop for a replacement for my current vehicle, but if FCA decides that is the profitable way to go, that is certainly their business. What I seriously question is why in the world is the light blue color option available on hybrids only? With an already limited number of exterior colors, that decision just makes their marketing management look clueless. Sort of reminds me of Henry Ford's comment about the Model-T...that a customer can have it painted any color as long as it's black.

    The favorite car in my stable had seventeen exterior color options when it was built compared to only eight for the Pacifica, and it was a compact. Full size cars in the past had upward of twenty solid colors and dozens of two-tone options. Interior options were similarly abundant. Yes, I realize the automotive market has changed and that color options are expensive and hard to justify, and that the competition offers similar choices, but that doesn't mean it's desirable, and choice has always been a big selling point when it comes to cars.

  12. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Watertown, NY
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
    I think what is meant RE: the shifter is the ability to choose a specific forward gear, like the 5th gen vans can with the ERS. The Pacifica only has "D" and "L" - and I agree with.
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. My 2000 Caravan just had the "L", and I much prefer the way choosing a lower gear works on the 5th gens. Can choose the gear depending on how fast/slow you want to go without pulling high RPM's on the downhill.

    I would even like paddle shifters so you could start out in 2nd or 3rd in snow and such. Often read articles about the Pacifica saying "why would you put paddle shifters in a minivan?" Well snowy conditions would be one reason, some people just don't get it...and wouldn't it just be fun anyway!

    As far as the CD/HDD....I could live without the CD player, but why ditch the hard drive too. I don't have Bluetooth streaming on my van, not sure if it was even offered in 2011. Maybe if I had it now I wouldn't miss these features. As it is I have zero music on my phone though. Even have to manually go through the menu to find songs/albums on the HDD....no Uconnect for me either!

    Agree with GaryS on the colors too. I like the lighter blue offered on the Hybrid. See a few 5th gen T&C's in this color every now and then. Don't think they ever offered it much, maybe that's why it stands out. I've always thought Chrysler seemed to offer dark colors on the vans. The blue looked nearly black, and the purple/brown color (think it was called Cordovan at some point) is horrible. That's kind of the color my 2000 was, just a little more toward purple rather than brown though.

    As for the looks it's kind of a toss up for me. The Pacifica reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where depending on the lighting his girlfriend either looked good or was a hag. From the front and at the right angle I like the Pacifica better, but looking at the rear end....some cosmetic surgery is needed!
    Current:
    2011 Town and Country Touring


    Past:
    2000 Dodge Caravan SE/Sport
    1987 Dodge Lancer

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,327
    Quote Originally Posted by H20Town View Post
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. My 2000 Caravan just had the "L", and I much prefer the way choosing a lower gear works on the 5th gens. Can choose the gear depending on how fast/slow you want to go without pulling high RPM's on the downhill.

    I would even like paddle shifters so you could start out in 2nd or 3rd in snow and such. Often read articles about the Pacifica saying "why would you put paddle shifters in a minivan?" Well snowy conditions would be one reason, some people just don't get it...and wouldn't it just be fun anyway!

    As far as the CD/HDD....I could live without the CD player, but why ditch the hard drive too. I don't have Bluetooth streaming on my van, not sure if it was even offered in 2011. Maybe if I had it now I wouldn't miss these features. As it is I have zero music on my phone though. Even have to manually go through the menu to find songs/albums on the HDD....no Uconnect for me either!

    Agree with GaryS on the colors too. I like the lighter blue offered on the Hybrid. See a few 5th gen T&C's in this color every now and then. Don't think they ever offered it much, maybe that's why it stands out. I've always thought Chrysler seemed to offer dark colors on the vans. The blue looked nearly black, and the purple/brown color (think it was called Cordovan at some point) is horrible. That's kind of the color my 2000 was, just a little more toward purple rather than brown though.

    As for the looks it's kind of a toss up for me. The Pacifica reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where depending on the lighting his girlfriend either looked good or was a hag. From the front and at the right angle I like the Pacifica better, but looking at the rear end....some cosmetic surgery is needed!
    The downside with the ERS system is that you only set the TOP gear it will shift into. You don't choose the actual gear you are in. So if you set the ERS to 3rd, it will use 1st, 2nd and 3rd like normal. It's not a true "Auto-Stick" system.

    The 2011+ vans had bluetooth streaming - usually included with the uconnect phone option

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts