LED Headlights

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlights

LED Headlights

Anyone replace the weak ugly halogen headlight bulbs with some aftermarket LED? If so what brand and was there a noticeable difference? I am looking to do this but just curious if someone else already has. So far I have put in LED plate lights, reverse lights. Love the results. Brighter whiter light.
    Last edited by UN4GTBL; 02-20-2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Formatting

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

I would suggest HID's over LED's.

LED's messed with my IPM and made random things happen (wipers go off etc).
    2006 Chrysler Town and Country 3.3L LX

Thanks

I put them in my drls (high beams), and have tried them in my wife's headlights. They are great, though my OEM HIDs are MUCH better. Look for something called lumileds, as they have a very close beam pattern and don't blind other drivers (I know for a fact because I was the other driver)
    Last edited by Concorde300M; 02-18-2017 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Dyac
    Present:
    2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus
    2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 4.0
    2004 Chrysler 300M

Past:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Express (Blown Transmission 7-15, 122K)
    2006 Dodge Caravan SXT (sold 6-11)
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (traded 4-10)
    1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Conversion Van (R.I.P)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Please don't be one of those guys. Anyone running LED or HID bulbs in their OEM halogen housings are blinding everyone else on the road. They also are absolutely not an upgrade to halogens.

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...65#post1404865

FYI Lumileds is just a LED diode manufacturer. They don't make complete plug n play bulbs. Using their diodes absolutely won't prevent glare.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lowfat For This Useful Post:

Caraman99(03-14-2017), JohnKuthe(02-20-2017), Shipmate(02-24-2017), UN4GTBL(02-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Please don't be one of those guys. Anyone running LED or HID bulbs in their OEM halogen housings are blinding everyone else on the road. They also are absolutely not an upgrade to halogens.

FYI Lumileds is just a LED diode manufacturer. They don't make complete plug n play bulbs. Using their diodes absolutely won't prevent glare.
    Yep!! I call them "laser beam headlights" and every time one is coming up behind me at night I wish I had a big popup MIRROR to reflect all that light right back into their OWN EYES!!

Burn out THEIR retinas!!! Self centered B A STARDS! :-(

John Kuthe...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKuthe View Post
    Yep!! I call them "laser beam headlights" and every time one is coming up behind me at night I wish I had a big popup MIRROR to reflect all that light right back into their OWN EYES!!

Burn out THEIR retinas!!! Self centered B A STARDS! :-(

John Kuthe...
    Not going to argue, but I felt that the ones I had in were less glaring than OEM ones from Nissan and Acuras. THOSE are blinding!
    Present:
    2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus
    2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring 4.0
    2004 Chrysler 300M

Past:

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Express (Blown Transmission 7-15, 122K)
    2006 Dodge Caravan SXT (sold 6-11)
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (traded 4-10)
    1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager Conversion Van (R.I.P)

What about Bi-Xenon lights?
    2010 VW Routan SE
    All Chrysler parts, that's why I come here for info

(SOLD)-2005 T&C Touring W.P. Chrysler Signature Series
    3.8 V6, most bells and whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

I recently had the chance to follow a friend (who was driving a new rental Caravan) in our Caravan on some very dark country roads. I was going to lead (because of the HIDs in our van) but he pulled out of the driveway faster.

I was absolutely amazed at how much better (both farther ahead and width) the HIDs in our van worked over the stock halogens in the van he was driving. (I knew mine were better, but it's one of those things, where it's not until you really see it with your own eyes that you believe it) Even with me staying several van lengths behind, I was still lighting up parts of the road for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pmassey31545 View Post
    What about Bi-Xenon lights?
    If you are willing to spend the time and money to do a bi-xenon retrofit then there is nothing better. As long as they are aimed right they can actually be significantly better than the stock T&C HID headlights.

I actually don't think the stock Caravan / T&C headlights are all that bad for halogen, as long as they are aimed right.

Hids are horrible, love it when people buy $20 hid kits and then wonder why they keep burning out. Aside from the fact you are blinding other drivers coming at you. But who cares as long as you can see good, right?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stss95 For This Useful Post:

JohnKuthe(02-22-2017)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply