04 Pacifica Door Ajar Issue

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 04 Pacifica Door Ajar Issue

04 Pacifica Door Ajar Issue

Hey all! My wife's 04 Pacifica passenger rear door ajar sensor is being triggered, causing the dome lights to turn on while the vehicle is in motion. After figuring out that the switch/sensor is actually built into the lock actuator, I proceeded to spray the crap out of it with WD-40 and manually retract the lock mechanism with a screwdriver to work it in real good. After a swift door slam, still no luck.

I next plan on pulling the negative terminal for a while to see if resetting the body control module does anything, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow, as it's cold an dark outside and I'm a baby.

So, I think I'll pull the mechanism and see if I can give it a good cleaning or at least discover exactly what is broken, and if that doesn't do the trick, and I'm not struck by any other bright ideas, I plan to replace the mechanism.

I have a few questions though. I'm failing to find a specific reference on any of the major online parts retailers to any REAR door lock actuator. Only front actuators. This leads me to believe that the front and rear actuators are identical. I've found some used ones on ebay that are labeled as rear and with the images provided they appear to be the same. Are they?

Also, while I'm waiting for parts to arrive, is it possible to bypass/hot-wire the switch so the dome light and chime and all the other crap turns off? It's more dangerous with all that happening than to just deactivate the thing.

Thanks for your input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Welcome to the forum.

Try posting on the correct section, you will get more responses.

Maybe on this section:

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/for...sover-Vehicles

2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

Have you tried pulling the electrical connector from the actuator? That should keep the lights off until you fix it... (power locks won't work on that door though)
    relevant vehicle: '05 -=C=- T&C Ltd @~135K

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks Levy,

Didn't see the "Crossover" section, even when searching for Pacifica issues. Will concentrate my posts in that area in the future.

Thanks atoman,

Haven't pulled the door apart yet. I will test this out though and see what works best. I've seen some mechanical diagrams of the door. Anyone seen an electrical diagram? May lead me to easily figuring out which connection I can disable.

Quote Originally Posted by wglassbrook View Post
    Thanks Levy,

Didn't see the "Crossover" section, even when searching for Pacifica issues. Will concentrate my posts in that area in the future.
    I have moved this thread to the "Chrysler SUV/Crossover Vehicles" forum for you.
    2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8) 200,000+ miles
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport (3.3) 250,000+ miles
    2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
    Previous Chrysler Vehicles: 1995 Dodge Caravan (3.0), 1993 Dodge Caravan (3.0), 1986 Chrysler Lebaron GTS (2.2), 1963 Plymouth Valiant (170ci)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply