What you did to/with your vehicle today (2017 Edition)

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: What you did to/with your vehicle today (2017 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Miron View Post
    Lately, my driver side power sliding door is acting up: the opening is always normal but while closing, it is sliding as usually but the final closing and locking are done halfway only... then a clicking noise is heard and the door remains a bit open. I manually open it a bit and then closing it completely with no issues. Somedays everything goes well for a few days, then next day is acting up again... I spoke with my mechanic and he said to clean the electrical contacts and spray a bit of W40 which I did yesterday when the door was not closing properly... nothing helped. Today I did not try the door yet but I would not be surprised if it would work as usual...
    Make sure anything hat can be lubricated, is lubricated. Look under your door as well and the rollers. Use Fluid Film not WD-40 (attracts dirt).
    Because FLUID FILM remains wet, it will get an initial dusting upon application, but because it contains no solvents and will not become sticky, it will not gum up or create a build up of dirt.
    2007 GC SXT - Magnesium - S&G - 3.8L - 173,000 kms
    2002 GC Sport - Stone White - 3.3L - 358,500 kms
    2003 Jeep TJ Sport - 4.0L - 279,000 kms

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

The 2003 Jeep TJ/Wrangler went through the biennial motor vehicle inspection today. It passed, good for another two years.
    2007 GC SXT - Magnesium - S&G - 3.8L - 173,000 kms
    2002 GC Sport - Stone White - 3.3L - 358,500 kms
    2003 Jeep TJ Sport - 4.0L - 279,000 kms

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepman View Post
    Make sure anything hat can be lubricated, is lubricated. Look under your door as well and the rollers. Use Fluid Film not WD-40 (attracts dirt).
    It was well lubricated everywhere with FF last fall as part of the winter preparations... anyway, for the last 2 days, it does not work anymore... I will take it to the mechanic today for a check up.... soon is vacation time
    2002 Town and Country LXI - 3.3L - 160,000 miles
    1988 Dodge Grand Caravan LE - 3.0L - 273,000 miles (Gone but never forgotten)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Patched a coolant line, cleaned the intercooler and throttle body, did an oil change, fixed a tire leak and cleaned the RDX over the weekend.

Replaced the coolant line on the RDX a few hours ago cause i didnt know how long the patch would last.

Immediate family member vehicle btw. I had it since thursday and they still have the van. Have done a lot of stuff to it in the last year. Going strong for 2007 Acura RDX with 245,000 kms. A fun and fast vehicle to drive. I myself have put a few thousand kms on it
    2011 Toyota Corolla 84,500 kms--Mom's DD
    Mods:Interior+Plate LED lighting, Seat covers, Husky Liners, Window visors
    Upcoming mods: Tint, Fog light kit, door sill plates

2004 Dodge Caravan Anniversary Edition
    288,500 Kms-Bought in 2008 with 78,215 kms-My DD
    Mods:160 AMP alt upgrade, Interior+Plate LED lighting, Painted front calipers+drums, Red pinstriping, Decals/Emblems, Door sill plates, Second hatch light, Center console, Second Underseat draw, Speakers, Window visors, Passenger grab handle, Cluster, Remote start, Phone mount, PC74 LED bulbs, rear OE mudflaps. 6 Disc DVD changer, Chrome exhaust tip, Chrome grille inserts, Bluetooth speaker

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply