What you did to/with your vehicle today (2017 Edition)

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: What you did to/with your vehicle today (2017 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by 94vantagegc View Post
    we had snow and ice this winter....over the years I owned 4x4s and didnt need snow tires.... we got hit 3 times with a good snow cover and or ice and chains are not an option according to the owners manual... I live in nw oregon fyi.... I have them mounted on a second set of wheels in case I need to put them on myself .... I even run a full size spare on my van as well
    It seems that this winter got it all wrong We had a mild one and the west coast (Vancouver area) got a lot of snow...
    2002 Town and Country LXI - 3.3L - 160,000 miles
    1988 Dodge Grand Caravan LE - 3.0L - 273,000 miles (Gone but never forgotten)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Caraman99 View Post
    Here in Quebec, by law, we have to have dedicated snow tires between Dec. 15th and March 15th. Very big fines if not. It's really a good law, probably saves lives. I put my all seasons back on last March then it snowed again. We needed to drive a long distance that day and the all seasons were useless. I had to put the snows back on! They are talking about extending the time to April 15. Probably a good idea.
    They should enforce such a law here in ON too! BTW, my insurance asked me (in order to get the discount) if I would use my winter tires from November until late April!
    2002 Town and Country LXI - 3.3L - 160,000 miles
    1988 Dodge Grand Caravan LE - 3.0L - 273,000 miles (Gone but never forgotten)

I saw a woman driving down our street during snowstorm last week rocking her car back and forth, each time to get maybe 12" further down the road. It took her at least an hour!... nothing I could do but watch and think about the poor transmission. Everyone should have the best snow tires they can get.
    Steve
    1999 Caravan LE, 3.3L, 300,000KM
    2005 Saturn Vue AWD (Honda J35 3.5 V-TEC 260HP) 216,000KM
    1982 Suzuki Katana,(ported/shaved head,11:1,4in1,KNre-cal/filters,cam,120HP)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Had the updated double piston calipers and 11" rotors installed on our 2009 T&C. I bought them from the SGI Salvage for a total of $225.00 including shipping, removed from a 7000 km wreck. As I am too busy and my garage is occupied by a project at the moment I took it to the shop that services our fleet of bush trucks. They were initially skeptical about the fit and impressed afterwards how simple it was. Even used the pads that came with the calipers as they were such low mile units.

Night and day difference in the braking. Best money spent on this vehicle yet... with the exception of the key recall as one of my sons had lost the spare key somehow.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PeterMac For This Useful Post:

UN4GTBL(03-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Caraman99 View Post
    I saw a woman driving down our street during snowstorm last week rocking her car back and forth, each time to get maybe 12" further down the road. It took her at least an hour!... nothing I could do but watch and think about the poor transmission. Everyone should have the best snow tires they can get.
    Was she from Ontario? Lol
    2015 Grand Caravan SXT Plus
    Granite Crystal Metallic
    25,xxx Kms
    5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum w Pure Plus/Wix filter 10010

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JC1 For This Useful Post:

Caraman99(03-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMac View Post
    Had the updated double piston calipers and 11" rotors installed on our 2009 T&C. I bought them from the SGI Salvage for a total of $225.00 including shipping, removed from a 7000 km wreck. As I am too busy and my garage is occupied by a project at the moment I took it to the shop that services our fleet of bush trucks. They were initially skeptical about the fit and impressed afterwards how simple it was. Even used the pads that came with the calipers as they were such low mile units.

Night and day difference in the braking. Best money spent on this vehicle yet... with the exception of the key recall as one of my sons had lost the spare key somehow.
    Glad to hear you did the upgrade. Did you already have larger rims 17 inch I'm assuming to clear the new calipers?
    2015 Grand Caravan SXT Plus
    Granite Crystal Metallic
    25,xxx Kms
    5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum w Pure Plus/Wix filter 10010

Did a quick trip to FL with the 2000 shortie. Added a bed platform to hide the tools and luggage needed. On the way back from FL had the bucking, stalling, running away and hesitating from a failing TPS but an Autozone about 2 miles off of 95 in Jax had me going again without trouble in 20 minutes.

Even when I rotate the image before it ends this way?
    2000 Voyager 2.4L Base
    1993 VW Cabriolet Collector's Edition

Previous
    1993 Voyager 3.3L
    1999 T&C 3.8L AWD
    1994 LeBaron GTC

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dangrdsk For This Useful Post:

Caraman99(03-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by dangrdsk View Post

Even when I rotate the image before it ends this way?
    This is due to your camera settings and mainly to this site settings.

Maybe a moderator can ask admins to change image settings for this site. I see image host shows the image correctly, but this site follows
    metadata orientation settings and not member's will.

2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

picked up parts for my next project on my 94gc
    Attached Images
    1994 grand caravan vantage wheelchair conversion, 3.3 4 spd auto

Quote Originally Posted by 94vantagegc View Post
    picked up parts for my next project on my 94gc
    If that is a O2 sensor, exchange it for a Denso one. Bosch's are known to fail.

2012 Town & Country
    2006 Dodge Grand Caravan. 317,000 + Miles. -SOLD-
    Current Minivans I own.
    LEVY --UNKNOWN MEMBER--

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply