What you did to/with your vehicle today (2017 Edition)

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: What you did to/with your vehicle today (2017 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Miron View Post
    I missed that price... I still have 4 x 4.73 Valvoline jugs and 3 x 4.4 liters of Castrol jugs in stock At least one jug of each kind will be used to make up for the missing oil. I once tried the high mileage oil... same thing...

Thank you for the offer but I just checked the map and from my place to downtown Oshawa, I should drive almost 100 Km or more... that means over $20 of gas... it is cheaper to go to my mechanic located at 1.5 Km from my job.

It will always be a pleasure to meet in person though
    I totally understand. Where are you located in Mississauga? Maybe you need to come over when a brake job or something more labor intensive is needed.
    2015 Grand Caravan SXT Plus
    Granite Crystal Metallic
    26,xxx Kms
    5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum w Pure Plus/Wix filter 10010

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JC1 For This Useful Post:

Miron(04-25-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

did plugs, wires and O2 sensor...... all from the top..... date code on wires was 2002.... the wires were corroded to the plugs
    1994 grand caravan vantage wheelchair conversion, 3.3 4 spd auto

Not today but friday night after supper...

Swapped out the studded winters for a shiny new set of 235/60R17 BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport's and serviced the brakes.

Got a good lesson in how tires are actually measured and the difference that can come from different engineering of the tire. While the sizing would indicate only a 10mm difference in width between the stock 225/65R17's and these 235's the actual difference in rubber on the ground is huge. Remember the width measurement is the section width (widest part of the tire, typically at the center of the sidewall), not the tread width. I spent a lot of time searching for something wider than 235 to fit the stock rims but in the end am very happy with these tires.

Brakes looked great and I was actually starting to feel I was wasting my time taking them apart as everything was well lubricated and in good shape. I was actually quite pleased when I discovered the very last slider I took out covered in rust and very nearly seized. Nice when you know you've saved yourself a problem down the road with a little bit of maintenance.

So we are at just over 8900km since we bought the van and still very happy with it.
    2010 Town & Country Touring, 4.0L

Non-minivans known to reside in my driveway:
    1997 Plymouth Neon Expresso Coupe, 2.0 DOHC, 5spd
    1990 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, 4.0L, Auto

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JC1 View Post
    I totally understand. Where are you located in Mississauga? Maybe you need to come over when a brake job or something more labor intensive is needed.
    I am located in Meadowvale... and thanks for the invitation
    2002 Town and Country LXI - 3.3L - 160,000 miles
    1988 Dodge Grand Caravan LE - 3.0L - 273,000 miles (Gone but never forgotten)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply