The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Engine Coolant Temperature Light ON

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hokiefyd 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with 26k miles on it, Yesterday my Enginer Coolant Temperature light came on, but it went away when i shut off the engine and started again, Is it anything of a concern? I am second owner and bought it at 19k miles, should i have it checked with the dealer or is it normal, Also the needle always stays between middle and Hot section isnt it supposed to be in the middle, anyone had this issue? thanks

#2 ·
Do you have the 4.0L?

On my LTD the coolant light has never been on and the needle is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the gauge.

I would double-check what the manual states when the light comes on, but maybe the coolant level is low and needs a top up.

Have you noticed any leaks on the pavement or if you pop the hood?

#3 ·
Also the needle always stays between middle and Hot section isnt it supposed to be in the middle, anyone had this issue? thanks
In most cases, the needle should point dead in the middle, or a little below. If it's always running between the middle and full hot, it sounds like something's wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.