Bring back the bench seat

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bring back the bench seat

The police Charger and Tarus can easily be converted for cicvlian use. Make a Base strped down charger ot Tarus with a bench and they can even call it a Fury.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    If I run CMNT motors, and I am determining the options of my upcoming model CMNT S, and 1/10th of the population wants a bench seat and 9/10's want buckets and a console... Guess which market I'm going to follow?

You're in the minority here, regardless of the ratio, plain and simple. If you weren't, we'd still have widespread use of bench seats and column shifters (outside of trucks/SUV's).

GM Technician at a Chevy Dealership

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Secondary: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CMNTMXR57 For This Useful Post:

73chargerse(11-16-2016)

My complaint is more with the width of the center consoles. I have a ton of room in my 2006 Ford Five Hundred, but the console in the newer Ford Taurus is almost twice as wide.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    If I run CMNT motors, and I am determining the options of my upcoming model CMNT S, and 1/10th of the population wants a bench seat and 9/10's want buckets and a console... Guess which market I'm going to follow?

You're in the minority here, regardless of the ratio, plain and simple. If you weren't, we'd still have widespread use of bench seats and column shifters (outside of trucks/SUV's).
    How many people ordered a 1969 Impala with buckets? Not many. But it was a option. The reson there is ne demand for the bench is because YOU CAN'T GET ONE!!

The 500 or the 2008-09 Tarus was very big inside with the biggest back seat then Ford tried to turn it to a sports sedan so now the interior is the same size as a Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofstl View Post
    How many people ordered a 1969 Impala with buckets? Not many. But it was a option. The reson there is ne demand for the bench is because YOU CAN'T GET ONE!!
    Comparing something from 1969, where the majority of vehicles on the market were bench seated as standard equipment to begin with, vs 2016 where it's the opposite, isn't valid. Times have changed in the automotive world, good, bad, or indifferent.

GM Technician at a Chevy Dealership

Daily Drivers:
    2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum
    2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited
    2009 Chevrolet Impala SS
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT

Garage Queens:
    Main: 2004 Pontiac GTO
    Secondary: 2006 Cadillac STS-V

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply