Strut Shock Recommendation

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Strut Shock Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jones View Post
    I left the important information out. This is for a 2006 Grand Caravan SXT.
    I've used the sensen shocks on a 98 Sienna and 97 civic.

They sell the quick struts for a 2006 caravan.
    http://apxautoparts.com/shocks-strut...-grand-caravan

Have a look. If you live in the USA, shipping is free.
    2015 Grand Caravan SXT Plus
    Granite Crystal Metallic
    22,xxx Kms
    5w-20 Pennzoil Platinum w Pure Plus/Wix filter 10010

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

We have a 2008 T&C. Had the local Bridgestone shop install front struts. They installed Monroe Sensa-Trac. 40,000 miles later it is time to replace them. They are GONE! This is a very expensive service to perform regularly. The performance of the Monroe's was significantly inferior from the get-go. That lifetime guarantee on the shocks sounds good... but it's parts and not labor or any of the ancillaries. Monroe claims quality but they are junk. There customer service people don't want to hear anything but they'll tell you the hoops to jump through to get warranty service. Save yourself time, money and aggravation and get something else. KYB is said to be a good bet, we'll see.

My KYB struts are doing well after 5 years and 60,000 miles, and they're just starting on their second set of tires. My OEM struts made it through two sets of tires before they were no longer dampening well enough, so I can't say that the KYB struts have been just as good as OEM yet, but give me a few more years...
    '05 Town & Country Touring
    3.8L 195,000 mi

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Ordered KYB Strut-Plus from RockAuto in May of last year. What can I say? Absolute garbage, Heard a clunking noise the first day. Today it sounds like the front end will fall apart. Two different mechanics confirmed that the strut mounts were shot. They both warned me about RockAuto.

Now I'm stuck with them because I refuse to pay for shipping back to them. Their shipping Policy, in my opinion, is ridiculous. I should have known better. "When the price is too good to believe.....stay away"

I would clarify that I did not order my KYB struts from RockAuto, nor did I install them myself. A local shop sold the product and did the install.

Nate
    '05 Town & Country Touring
    3.8L 195,000 mi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply