The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Front Control Module- What does it look like?

26K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Police Interceptor 
#1 ·
Have a work rig that is a 98 Dodge Caravan 3.3L. It's experiencing the same light flashing gremlins that I see posted from others referring to the Front Control Module (FCM) and corrosion. My question is, what specifically does the FCM look like for my year? Could anyone send or post me a picture? I know it's somewhere next to or in the fuse box under the hood on the driver's side. If I knew exactly what it looked like on my work rig, I could probably find it faster. Is it under the fusebox...? Thanks,

Mockfish

#3 ·
Your van doesn't have a Front Control Module (FCM). FCMs first appeared on 4th generation vans (2001-2007) and according to one post on a few select 2000s. They are attached on the front of the PDC - thats the fuse box next to the battery.
Oh.:blink: So what if my work rig is doing the exact same thing. My headlights will flash on and off. The turn lights flash. The inside dash lights (including radio lights) etc. flash. It also continues sometimes after I turn the car off. It did this 3-4 weeks ago, and I replaced the battery. That worked for a about 3 weeks....
What else could it be????

#4 · (Edited)
Since all was well for a period after a battery change I would suspect either a problem with a battery cable or connection or a possible parasitic battery drain slowly drawing the battery's current capacity. Read last article here: http://free-auto-repair-advice.blogspot.com/search/label/battery drain

The vans electronics are sensative to low voltage/current. Your symptoms are a classic sign. Another possibility would be the Body Control Module (BCM). When you changed the battery you reset it. Try pulling the IOD fuse next to the battery for 2-3 minutes. This will reset it again.

Edit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.