Front Control Module- What does it look like?

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front Control Module- What does it look like?

Thanks

Front Control Module- What does it look like?

Have a work rig that is a 98 Dodge Caravan 3.3L. It's experiencing the same light flashing gremlins that I see posted from others referring to the Front Control Module (FCM) and corrosion. My question is, what specifically does the FCM look like for my year? Could anyone send or post me a picture? I know it's somewhere next to or in the fuse box under the hood on the driver's side. If I knew exactly what it looked like on my work rig, I could probably find it faster. Is it under the fusebox...? Thanks,

Mockfish
    mockfish
    96 T&C LXI 3.8L
    140,000 miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Your van doesn't have a Front Control Module (FCM). FCMs first appeared on 4th generation vans (2001-2007). They are attached on the front of the PDC - thats the fuse box next to the battery.
    Last edited by RIP; 06-18-2009 at 02:39 PM.
    ******** We took the time to answer your post. Please give us some time and post the fix. You'll help hundreds. ********

**** Follow all prescribed safety procedures before attempting any repairs. If in doubt, refer to a maintenance manual. ****

96 Gr Caravan LE 3.8, 206K miles
    07 Fusion / 06 RAV 4 / 06 Accord / 94 Camry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Your van doesn't have a Front Control Module (FCM). FCMs first appeared on 4th generation vans (2001-2007) and according to one post on a few select 2000s. They are attached on the front of the PDC - thats the fuse box next to the battery.
    Oh. So what if my work rig is doing the exact same thing. My headlights will flash on and off. The turn lights flash. The inside dash lights (including radio lights) etc. flash. It also continues sometimes after I turn the car off. It did this 3-4 weeks ago, and I replaced the battery. That worked for a about 3 weeks....
    What else could it be????
    mockfish
    96 T&C LXI 3.8L
    140,000 miles

Thanks

Since all was well for a period after a battery change I would suspect either a problem with a battery cable or connection or a possible parasitic battery drain slowly drawing the battery's current capacity. Read last article here: http://free-auto-repair-advice.blogs...attery%20drain

The vans electronics are sensative to low voltage/current. Your symptoms are a classic sign. Another possibility would be the Body Control Module (BCM). When you changed the battery you reset it. Try pulling the IOD fuse next to the battery for 2-3 minutes. This will reset it again.

Edit
    Last edited by RIP; 06-18-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    ******** We took the time to answer your post. Please give us some time and post the fix. You'll help hundreds. ********

**** Follow all prescribed safety procedures before attempting any repairs. If in doubt, refer to a maintenance manual. ****

96 Gr Caravan LE 3.8, 206K miles
    07 Fusion / 06 RAV 4 / 06 Accord / 94 Camry

Thanks

Check your batter connections. Mine were corroded and making poor contact so I was experiencing the symptoms that you are describing.

+ Reply to Thread