The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

clock spring

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AzTraveller 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum but I wanted to say a big thanks to everybody out there !!! my air bag light came on recently and the horn stopped working so I looked here and saw where this is a lifetime recall item . I stopped at my local Dodge dealer and they confirmed it was the clock spring , of course they had to order the part ( Only 2 business days ) and I had it replaced today . According to the dealer this is the second time on this van but they did it for free. Again , Thanks for all great info on these vans.

#2 ·
Welcome!

:hi2: Welcome to The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums! :biggrin:

Established in July of 2003, Glen Millar's Chrysler Minivan Fan Club has become the #1 online destination for owners and fans of America's favorite and best-selling minivan. We are very passionate about the Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan, and Plymouth Voyager/Grand Voyager vehicles we drive. Now with over 10,000 members from the United States and around the globe, we hope that our collective experience can be of assistance to you with your own Chrysler minivan(s), and we look forward to learning from your experience as well. After all, the more that is shared, the richer our community becomes. Here is some information that you may or may not have already heard that will help you get acquainted with the club and the online forums:

As with any community we would ask that you review the legal and privacy policies for Chrysler Minivan Fan Club. The following link includes important copyright, affiliation and disclaimer information as well as the fan club forum's rule, guidelines and violation consequences. This information can be reviewed at http://www.chryslerminivan.net/legal.html. Click HERE to browse the Frequently Asked Questions portion of the site.

First, a word about Technical Service Bulletins [TSBs] / Recalls. If you are new to the forum, please have your vehicle identification number [VIN] ready along with the make, model, trim and engine size [e.g. 3.3L V6]. Many problems can be resolved with a vehicle by making sure that it is up to date on all recall/TSB repairs. These repairs can be completed FREE of charge at your local authorized Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer. You can check the recall status of your vehicle by calling your service department OR by going online: To do so, have your VIN number ready and go to http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/ for all Chrysler brand vehicles, and http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/ for all Dodge brand vehicles. For all Plymouth brand vehicles, please contact your authorized Chrysler dealer.

We would highly encourage you to pick up a Haynes/Chilton Repair Manual and/or Factory Service Manual [FSM] for your model year Chrysler minivan. They are available online, as well as at several retail auto parts stores. These books are a great reference and will save you a lot of time and trouble when working on your vehicle, it is money well spent! You may also wish to invest in one or more online services that offer the same or more information. A good one that I have had experience with is AllDataDIY.com. **Please Note: Third-party manuals are not guaranteed to have all of the information you might need to complete a repair, so you may need to consult several different sources in order to get the knowledge necessary to complete the job.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the forum's functions. Located at the top of the forum's page is the SEARCH function. This is a very powerful tool that can help you find the answer to several very commonly asked questions. I would advise you to make this your first stop before posting a new thread in the forums, as someone may have already asked your question previously and gotten an answer. You may have to try several different search terms, so please be patient! To say "Thank You!" to a member who offered useful information to you, you can click on the "Thanks" icon that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of their post.

Finally, I would invite you to join the Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Online Showroom. Should you like, please take a digital photograph of your minivan from the front driver's side corner. Then, all you need to do is email the photograph in an attachment to chrisjcarpenter-31y2@post.me.com, making sure to put your forum username in the SUBJECT line of the email. Your photograph will be automatically uploaded to the showroom. Once you're done, go to www.tinyurl.com/d39osq to view the online showroom and see your vehicle on display amongst all of ours! [If you'd like to see some examples of pictures you can always view the showroom first!]

Click HERE For More Information The Online Showroom

Utilizing the "User CP" link at the top left corner of the page, please fill out your user profile. In addition, it would be most helpful to us if you would please include your vehicle(s)' information year, make, model, trim and mileage in your signature so we may reference it if need be on your posts. [e.g. "1996 Chrysler Town & Country LXi 123,456 Miles | 198 683 kms"] As always, should you have any questions, please ask.

Again, welcome to the Chrysler Minivan Fan Club. :thumb:

-Chrysler1924

Note: If you would like to advertise your business on The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club, there are several options available. This is a fun, inexpensive way to support this burgeoning community and promote your business. For more information, please visit http://www.chryslerminivan.net/advertise.htm

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Mopar are all registered trademarks of Chrysler LLC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.