After market Overhead DVD player

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After market Overhead DVD player

Thanks

After market Overhead DVD player

Looking for good overhead dvd player that will fit in 08 dodge grand caravan SE,Also can anybody suggest an ideal placement for the after market flipdown dvd player, if i place it above drivers heads the A/c control console will block some of the view for the third row seat, so wondering if there is any console that integrates with the rear a/c controller, If anybody has already installed a aftermarket overhead dvd player please post what model you got and placement it was installed. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

My suggestion is to install headrest DVD instead and I'm not talking about the ones with straps ! I'm talking about integrated DVD screens.
    Headrest DVD screen are better for the following reasons:

-Much better view for the 2nd row passengers / no need to look up / screen is right in front of u
    -No need to tear up/rewire overhead console & risk of rattling noise after install

When I bought my 08 T&C, it didn't have a DVD system and they couldn't install it on the overhead because of the sunroof so the Chrysler dealership suggested headrest. I was abit hesitant but in the end , I was very happy with it. They've removed the OEM headreast (they gave them back to me) and stick new ones, much bigger in black leather each with a zip cover.

When you open the zipper, you have 2 gorgeous 9" screen & can play 2 different DVD at the same time. My two girls love it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get wireless headphones due to the interference between the two DVD. So only option was cable. If I wanted wireless headphones, then both screens would have the same media and that was not an option, my 2 kids play different stuff. Each screen has its own remote. I went on a trip with my buddies and they loved it.

And each can play pretty much all medias incl. Divx, Avi and has also a USB connection. So I can play a movie straight from my thumb drive. Most overhead system play DVD only.
    I can also use it as a screen and hook up an XBox or any other game !
    Trust me, do it, you won't regret it.
    Last edited by sat22; 05-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    2010 T&C Limited - 67,000 KM
    Dark Titanium Metallic / Light gray interior
    All options except swivel

Thanks

thanks for you detailed reply.

Thanks

i found a place online where they are selling the OEM overhead console for second and third seats which will hold the screens, How difficult is it to add the overhead console, did anyone install OEM overhead console(as in factory models) later and if so di you do you it youself or got it installed at the dealership, Please post here. thanks

Thanks

the headrest dvd system seems great, but it only works if you have power seats and probably would be a PITA for the 2nd row anyway because of the stow and go.

the OEM overhead is prob gonna be way expensive and inferior to the headrests.
    2008 town & country touring 3.8L.

2005 toyota matrix xr

Thanks

anyone install a laptop stand and use the computer to play dvds for the kids?
    2008 town & country touring 3.8L.

2005 toyota matrix xr

Thanks

headrest dvd are actually simple to install and are not expensive. you can order many of them online for less then 400 bucks for two dvd tv. Quality is the same as the over head. wire runs down inside the seat and along the side one wire goes to power to a fuse another goes to the frame and the third goes to a constant source for the memory. ie aux power. The two problems with the head rest in the van. one you need leather seats or they wont match very well (or go to a apostler (sp) and get it done) second is second cant have them installed. well not that i have seen. due to the headrest being such a odd shape and the fact it has to go into the ground. Over head mounts you have to take apart some of the roof some cutting of the fabric and so forth. wiring is the same. And no you cant use the wires for the lights over head they are not the right gauge and can cause a fire. a great website is clutchfield i think that is how you spell it. that have
    One of the advantages of putting in an over head is you can go big 12 inch vs 7 to 9 inch for head rest.

installed both before and very simple to do hardest part is figuring out which fuse to tap for the power. Canadian tire or any other carpart store will have a fuse tap. ( basically its a fuse 15 or 30 that has a place to put the wires and the fuse plugs in.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srqscrew View Post
    anyone install a laptop stand and use the computer to play dvds for the kids?
    I did install a laptop in my GC-08,in my previous van i also install 17" flat lcd to play DVD for kids.You can check my install on :www.laptopgpsworld.com
    I use my laptop for navigation,music and movie.I will mount flat schreen againe soon.

Thanks

Where did you find your overhead consol online

Quote Originally Posted by floridaDC View Post
    i found a place online where they are selling the OEM overhead console for second and third seats which will hold the screens, How difficult is it to add the overhead console, did anyone install OEM overhead console(as in factory models) later and if so di you do you it youself or got it installed at the dealership, Please post here. thanks

Do you have the web address for that supplier.

Thanks

Headrest-Car-Monitor-DVD

Quote Originally Posted by floridaDC View Post
    Looking for good overhead dvd player that will fit in 08 dodge grand caravan SE,Also can anybody suggest an ideal placement for the after market flipdown dvd player, if i place it above drivers heads the A/c control console will block some of the view for the third row seat, so wondering if there is any console that integrates with the rear a/c controller, If anybody has already installed a aftermarket overhead dvd player please post what model you got and placement it was installed. thanks
    For my kids working for 3 years
    Headrest Car Monitor DVD Player w/ Sony Lens

+ Reply to Thread