The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Model Purchased and Prices Paid here

29K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Mikeydizzle510 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Pacifica & Pacifica PHEV Hybrid Minivan Forum - The Largest Chrysler 2017+ Pacifica & Pacifica Hybrid Minivan Forum Community!

Hey guys/gals

Im going to be finalizing a deal tomorrow with my dealer I purchased from before

I waited until he would call me, to offer me a deal

Touring L Plus at $44,760 MSRP
Sale Price $36,079 Before tax/fees

Limited $50,075 MSRP
Sale Price $41,480 Before tax/fees

The Touring L plus is the better deal, but the limited is only off by a couple %.

These price are not only below invoice, they are below EP (dealer contribution, plus Bank/Manufacturer rebates applied).

Basically, the dealer is contributing an extra 4500 total from there end. One car has been in stock for 72 days, the other has been in for 57 days.

Im thinking that no one wanted the Limited for the fact that it was 50k msrp

Not sure why no one wanted the Touring L plus for that long, unless the idea of having to spend the extra 2k for the tow and sound system upgrade?

Anyways, once Im done with the purchase, I'll shoot you guys the dealers info and if interested, you can purchase from them. I'll post the contract price as well, minus personal info :cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey guys/gals

Im going to be finalizing a deal tomorrow with my dealer I purchased from before

Limited $50,075 MSRP

The Touring L plus is the better deal, but the limited is only off by a couple %.

These price are not only below invoice, they are below EP (dealer contribution, plus Bank/Manufacturer rebates applied).

Basically, the dealer is contributing an extra 4500 total from there end. One car has been in stock for 72 days, the other has been in for 57 days.

Not sure why no one wanted the Touring L plus for that long, unless the idea of having to spend the extra 2k for the tow and sound system upgrade?

Anyways, once Im done with the purchase, I'll shoot you guys the dealers info and if interested, you can purchase from them. I'll post the contract price as well, minus personal info :cool:
That is an excellent price on the limited. The EP price on that build is $45,499. The only thing missing is the hands free door and lift-gate and quite possibly the vacuum. That may be part of the motivation. A limited without those items is not quite top of the line compared those that are now coming off the line. We just submitted our order for the identical car, except with hands free and vacuum for $46,010 before dealer fees, rebates or taxes. Discount is $4,260 from MSRP or $346 above EP price.

#3 · (Edited)
Wait!

You are paying too much!

Well, that's according to your own previous posts.

You were telling people to wait till December, that would be the "smarter" play, you could save thousands more.

You are not following your own rules, seems like you just want "the bragging rights" (your own words below).

Anyways, good luck, I already told you (below), that there are always a way to negotiate if you know how, so for you to get a very good deal now (not waiting until December), only confirm what I said before (bragging rights belongs to me) :)

And thanks for sharing!

paying invoice is not a great deal, but its not a rip off

its about what you should expect to pay on average, without haggling (before rebates of course)

But as I said before, while no one can guarantee what incentives/rebates will be forth coming.......... recent trends show waiting is the smarter play if you are looking for a great deal.

Rebates will improve and finance incentive (retail), will improve drastically as well.

Im willing to be that come October, November, December; 0& apr for 60 months, or maybe even 72 months....... will be available. Couple that with the typical 500-1k rebate plus conquest or loyalty............ and you could save thousands more.

In case anyone is wondering how big a deal 0% is

a well equipped limited at invoice price (average sale being 44K at 6% sales tax), will save you $5,700 and thats only on the interest portion.

Rebates will improve. Direct to lender IDL rebates will improve as well, if you so chose to go non-captive lender route

If you need the car now and cant wait, by all means buy the car. As long as you are not paying more than invoice, before rebates; youre good to go. But if you have the chance to wait, my strategy will not steer you wrong. Please wait. You will thank me by the end of the year, I promise!
Everyone have their own strategies, if I want to buy a new car, I'll buy it as soon as it is available. If I wait until the end of the year, I will only enjoy a late model year car for a few months, not for the whole year. There are always a way to negotiate price if you know how.
you can negotiate down to an EP price, but that still is WORSE, than waiting and paying close 5700 less, and thats with ZERO negotiating. That promo will simply just be available.

And who cares if the car is 6 months old by then. Youre telling me that people wont feel good driving a 4 month older (by then) car? What person is that fickle? WHere they MUST drive the new car the month it comes out. Resale value is meaningless in this regard, as typical FCA owners keep the car for half a decade on average. Whether you get the car Now or in december, the value of the car 5 years from NOW, is still the same. Youre keeping the car for 5+ years, no body gives a damn that its half a year into its model year. This isnt the end of the road generation vehicle, with the new one coming next year. Its already the new gen model. And the next model year wont have anything better than software updates and minor trim level options availability.

And if you think Im wrong about that, then prove it come december. Where what Ive said, will actually come to fruition. And then we will wait until june of next year, where my guess will ALSO come to fruition. So again, why buy now? And if its because you want the bragging rights f it only being 2 months old, then good for you (you being whoever feels that way)

The smarter play, if you want to save the most amount of money, the easiest............. is to wait. Patience gets rewarded!

#5 ·
How many people who are not employees, can get that price?

How many with?

the average amount of FF and EP used per year is less than 120k TOTAL

The rest 2.1 million, have to negotiate

How many people here can use their employee purchase? The people who were discussing the purchase, didnt have that luxury. Which is why I said, they will (at best), negotiate to EP. And since that was the case, the smarter play IS TO wait. The people who asked about the car, want to finance. 0% apr will be available near the end of the year. So negotiating down to EP, PLUS 0%;saves them thousands (between 4-6k on a touring L plus or limited, ON INTEREST ALONE)

So again, the smarter play is to wait. Same for a lease, as APR on them are 1.70-2.03 for super qualified purchasers (depending on trim). Residual is also not subvented enough to consider it a good buy.

I decided to wait, until I got a call that offered me the deal I wanted. I had no problems waiting, but when the dealer is willing to give you an extra $4500 out of their pocket, plus give you the $$$$ you want for a trade; I no longer have to wait. Those who do not qualify for EP, will NOT be able to negotiate down to 18-20% below msrp, they just wont!

Again, waiting for those who dont have EP, is the smarter play.

and why would I need to brag? I opened this thread, so that we can have a prices paid thread. I took the initiative to share and create a dialog with the community, that will also help it. This is the perfect thread for people to discuss the deals they get and help other know what a good price is.

But yes, I did it to brag; because the internet is a great place for improving self esteem (Gimme a break)

#6 ·
How many people who are not employees, can get that price?

How many with?

the average amount of FF and EP used per year is less than 120k TOTAL

The rest 2.1 million, have to negotiate

How many people here can use their employee purchase? The people who were discussing the purchase, didnt have that luxury. Which is why I said, they will (at best), negotiate to EP. And since that was the case, the smarter play IS TO wait. The people who asked about the car, want to finance. 0% apr will be available near the end of the year. So negotiating down to EP, PLUS 0%;saves them thousands (between 4-6k on a touring L plus or limited, ON INTEREST ALONE)

So again, the smarter play is to wait. Same for a lease, as APR on them are 1.70-2.03 for super qualified purchasers (depending on trim). Residual is also not subvented enough to consider it a good buy.

I decided to wait, until I got a call that offered me the deal I wanted. I had no problems waiting, but when the dealer is willing to give you an extra $4500 out of their pocket, plus give you the $$$$ you want for a trade; I no longer have to wait. Those who do not qualify for EP, will NOT be able to negotiate down to 18-20% below msrp, they just wont!

Again, waiting for those who dont have EP, is the smarter play.

and why would I need to brag? I opened this thread, so that we can have a prices paid thread. I took the initiative to share and create a dialog with the community, that will also help it. This is the perfect thread for people to discuss the deals they get and help other know what a good price is.

But yes, I did it to brag; because the internet is a great place for improving self esteem (Gimme a break)
I don't know that but, I know for sure I can, and I can beat that price for sure!

The guy that ate crow on............ :)

#8 ·
Picking up a touring-L with the 8th seat, spare tire, tire & wheel package and alpine audio package Monday. $33070 out the door (no sales tax). Part of that was a $1k incentive coupon that truecar sent via email that stacked with the various Chrysler incentives. It seems that the $500 chrysler finance incentive won't stack with the 0% financing.

#13 ·
The dealership tells me that they have put all of this into their computer to verify eligibility and the ability to combine offers but I haven't taken delivery yet so I can't be sure. I think they have done this correctly as they called to tell me they couldn't figure out how to combine the $500 FCA financing with the 0% loan. I've browsed truecar many times over the past few weeks while I researched and contacted dealers so I don't know what I did that triggered the promo code email. I have pasted below the T&C from the truecar email in the hopes that something in it helps.

Dealership instructions to process claim: To process this offer code, submit Program Offer Certificate with offer code and complete customer verification via TDM Inquiry on Dealer CONNECT. See official program rules 40CGB or 40CGC for details. Customer has 60 days to redeem this offer.

Exclusive Bonus Cash Allowance offer is valid at any franchised FCA US LLC dealer or FIAT® Studio. This Bonus Cash Allowance offer is not available to the general public. Offer is additive with most current national, regional, and other bonus incentives and is available on Employee Advantage, Dealership Employee Purchase or Affiliate Rewards Program vehicles. Offer is not compatible with the USAA Program and other TDM Program Certificates, Military Program or FFA Member Incentives. Offer is valid for the person named on the Offer Form and is transferable only to immediate family members within the same household with proof of address (valid drivers license or state identification card required). Offer Form must be presented to a franchised FCA US LLC dealer or FIAT Studio. Only one (1) original certificate is valid; duplicates are not. Offer must be redeemed at time of purchase or lease of eligible vehicles. Only one (1) original Offer Code may be redeemed per eligible customer per vehicle. Offer not redeemable on a purchase/lease made prior to receiving this Offer Code. Offer is nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. See dealer for details.

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. FIAT is a registered trademark of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used under license by FCA US LLC.

Dealership instructions to process claim: To process this offer code, submit Program Offer Certificate with offer code and complete customer verification via TDM Inquiry on Dealer CONNECT. See official program rules 40CGB or 40CGC for details.

#12 ·
The best quote I've gotten for the Touring-L with 8 seater and uconnect 8.4, is $33,766 before fees and taxes. You got a nice price.

#14 ·
Hey guys/gals

Limited $50,075 MSRP

Hi Giantsali? Are you done with your purchase. I'd love to know who your dealer is. I'm looking for a dealer to work with me on price to order my Pacifica but I can't get anyone even near EP...

#15 ·
I finally pulled the trigger on the Pacifica Touring-L. I don't know if I got a good deal or not, but I feel like I did. All the dealers within 100 miles of me didn't want to go lower than $37,500 out the door (including incentives). I called a dealer 10 minutes before they closed and told them I could be there in 40 minutes. They had no problem waiting for me since I told them that I was ready to buy the vehicle if they could get close to $37k OTD. I got there and told them that I had spoken to a car broker who had offered to get me the same vehicle for $36k out the door. I told them again that if they could beat that price I would purchase the car. They gave me some grief but eventually agreed to sale me the price for 36k OTD and 0% financing for 36 months. Here are the details:

MSRP (Base Price): $34,495

The vehicle has some optional equipment: 8 passenger sitting, Keysense, Uconnect 8.4, inflatable spare tire kit and compressor, and a 17 inch inflatable spare tire. The total price on the sticker

Total Price: $36,950

Price: $33,993
Tax: $3066
Fees: $440
Rebates: $1,500 (500 for financing at 0% for 36 months and 1000 for owning a Toyota Sienna 2013)

Out the door price: $36,000

Personally, I'm super happy with the price. As I said before, I couldn't get any other dealer to go below $37,500 OTD. I also got hit pretty hard with the California tax. Now I have to try to get a good deal on the life time warranty.

#18 ·
Damn, that would have been a nice price. I checked so many places in Los Angeles and that is the lowest I could get. I walked out of so many dealers too. California tax, doesn't help either. lol. I'm loving the car, it drives so smoothly. The Pacifica is suppose to be for my wife, but I'm keeping it and she's keeping our Honda CRV. Haha.

#19 ·
Hey guys/gals

Im going to be finalizing a deal tomorrow with my dealer I purchased from before...........Anyways, once Im done with the purchase, I'll shoot you guys the dealers info and if interested, you can purchase from them. I'll post the contract price as well, minus personal info :cool:
Hi Giantsali? Are you done with your purchase. I'd love to know who your dealer is. I'm looking for a dealer to work with me on price to order my Pacifica but I can't get anyone even near EP...
I believe he bought his vehicle, but changed his mind regarding posting copy of the contract (minus his personal info), or maybe he did, then requested his post to be deleted, I'm not following him, so I don't know what post he deleted.

Anyways, seems like people are getting good prices without the need to give up his/hers right to sue (as on the Employee Discount Program. Chrysler offer employees an small discount in exchange of their rights to suit).

#24 ·
Touring-L

I'm in the military and my bank USAA has a car buying service which essentially uses truecar and then slaps an additional 500$ rebate on it.
I walked out with a Touring-L for 33,327 BEFORE taxes with the following options
Tire & Wheel Group
Leather seats
Uconnect 8.4
Keysense
8 Passenger Seating

I feel pretty good but with taxes it's an additional $3000, is this normal?

#26 ·
I'm in the military and my bank USAA has a car buying service which essentially uses truecar and then slaps an additional 500$ rebate on it.
I walked out with a Touring-L for 33,327 BEFORE taxes with the following options
Tire & Wheel Group
Leather seats
Uconnect 8.4
Keysense
8 Passenger Seating

I feel pretty good but with taxes it's an additional $3000, is this normal?
I don't know about the pricing, but tax charges sound about right. I don't know where you live, but Texas xharges 8.25 sales tax, which is close to that number.

#27 ·
Hello All, thanks for the posts! Very helpful. Here to return the favor from the South Bay in NorCal.

We just purchased a stock Pacifica Limited. No NAV, media or any options. We got the 7 seater with HUGE panoramic view, vacuum, etc.

MSRP: $43,490
Dealer Discount: $5500
Promos: $2000
Internet Price: $35,990
Purchase Price: $35,485
OTD: $39,295

A few notes:
(1) We could have purchased for $33,990 +T&L but would have had to finance @2.24%. If we made a down payment over $10K this would have made sense because total cost over life of loan would have been lower than what we pay at 0% for 60 (which we went for). Didn't have to put 1$ down, tax wrapped in loan at no cost. We felt best combination for us.

(2) This was the only stock limited trim within 200 mi. Everything else had at least one option we didn't need or care to pay for. This thing is so feature rich and with the right tech in hand, the extras are superfluous. Ext Color is Cordovan (look that one up!) and interior is the black/brown leather. I think color scheme is reason for price but after seeing car a few times we really like it. Not too many Cordovan Pacifica's out there and it looks good day and night, plus there's subtle changes in color depending on the light. And the brown leather actually gives a comfortable and a little more luxe feel.

All-in-all, we feel good about it. What say u? Thanks!

#31 ·
Last week: ordered 2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus with 2 options. Safety tech group and NAV. About $43,404 cnd. hard to really know because of my trade-in. They play around with the numbers but I paid $43,404.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.