The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Adding factory Anti-theft alarm?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  errivera 
#1 ·
anyone add the factory alarm to a 4th Gen DC mini-van? aren't all 4th Gens Sentry Key to start with? shouldn't we be able to add the alarm fairly easily?

-Dan

#4 ·
Here in Europe serveral people has activated their vans alarm after visiting the dealer. They thougth their vans didn´t have factory alarm, and the dealer plugged a machine into the van and made it work.
I don´t know if all the vans have factory alarm and in some models it cames unnactived. I'm talking about "non premium" models. I don´t even know the procedure to activate it.

#5 ·
Apparently not all 4g vans had the factory alarm, nor the sentry key. Akids2003dgc ran into an issue where he got a "junkyard" alarm system, and the computer learned it (easy enough) but he did not have the proper sentry key. He wound up getting another computer from a van that didn't have the sentry key, removing the alarm, and hoping for the best. I can assume that if you purchase the alarm package from the dealer, that you will get everything you need to actually use the van after installing the alarm.

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=13210

#6 · (Edited)
1st - what do you mean "factory" alarm:
> some vans had their BCM programmed (at/before assembly) to provide a very limited alarm operation - you can ask your nearest / favorite dealer if they can flash / activate your BCM or replace it with one that has these features..
> almost every 4th gen van (with exception of base models) has the sentry key system (which is an anti-theft system not an alarm)

> there's an addon "mopar" branded alarm module that is designed for the vans and manufactured by CodeAlarm (note: it is incompatible with remote start)
I recall there were 2 versions of it (with factory FOBs and addon FOBs) one is:
http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82209708.pdf

#7 ·
I took my DGC to a local dealer and they activated the alarm. It took about 3-4 minutes after the 'computer' was attached to the van.

I had the little round light that appears when you first turn on the vehicle and was curious as to why the alarm would not work. Simple fix, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.