The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Oil Sensor Removal

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  marvey 
#1 ·
I have a '01 Town and Country and am tired of oil on the garage floor. It has not appeared to be the pan and I have cleaned the oil off of everything and then found a drip running down the side of the filter and dripping off of the bottom. I removed the "Red keeper tab" from the electrical connector, a guy at the auto parts store told me if there is oil in the connector, that is where the leak is coming from, I cannot get the connector loose from the sensor. How much pressure can I use without breaking it? I tried a pliers with some pressure but still no luck ???
Anyone had experience with this? :help_wsig

#2 ·
Marvey:

I found the there is usually a tab that still must be depressed on order to remove these connectors. Get the connection as dried off as you can, and get a good light under there so you can see where the tab is.

I assume you are speaking of oil pressure sender which usually threads into the block near the filter.

I agree that Chrysler seems to be a bit redundant at times with the little red pins on top of the keeper tabs.

Don

#3 ·
Chrysler uses a sliding lock on a lot of connectors that must be slid over before you press the tab to pull the connector off.

#4 ·
I saw your other post and posted in there too. It might be your valve cover gasket. Mine is leaking then onto the oil pressure sending unit.
See pic:

Take a good look up there.
-Slyder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.