Goodyear Integrity Question

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Goodyear Integrity Question

Thanks

They are safe tires. There are just SAFER ones at similar costs. It's like the Fram filter deal -- the filters are fine. But there are better filters for the same cost.

I replaced the junky Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires on our '07 with only 9,000 miles on the tires.
    '11 Toyota Camry | 2.5/6AT | Sandy Beach
    '07 Chrysler T&C | 3.8/4AT | Cognac Crystal
    '05 Acura MDX | 3.5/5AT | Billet Silver
    '97 Dodge Dakota | 5.2/4AT | Emerald Green

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flavife View Post
    I have not had good luck with Goodyear tires and when I get a few more miles on these I will replace them with either Yokohama TRZ like I had on my 99 DGC or try the new Cooper CS4 tires.

Frank
    2007 T&C SWB 16600 mi
    I really like my Allegra tires. They have worn very evenly, they ride very quite and give wicked traction in wet weather. I have nearly 80,000km on them and theres still plenty of tread of at least 10,000+ km's. What I dont know is if Goodyear still makes this brand of tire anymore. I bought these in 2005 new @ a cost of about $120 per tire. Do they still make Allegra's?
    1994 Dodge Caravan SE 3.0L 448,000km and counting
    1978 V8 AMC Pacer DL(sold my 16 yr love affair)
    1974 AMC Gremlin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I replaced the junky Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires on our '07 with only 9,000 miles on the tires.
    Jason- I completely agree with your assessment of Turanza's! It didn't take me long to remove such from one of my vehicles.

It does make me curious if there are actually any real design people behind some of this garbage or are we looking at extremely poor quality control...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by V8Pacer View Post
    I really like my Allegra tires. They have worn very evenly, they ride very quite and give wicked traction in wet weather. I have nearly 80,000km on them and theres still plenty of tread of at least 10,000+ km's. What I dont know is if Goodyear still makes this brand of tire anymore. I bought these in 2005 new @ a cost of about $120 per tire. Do they still make Allegra's?
    I've told this story before but it warrants repeating. It took my Goodyear dealer 12 ComforTred tires just to find 4 that would pass the Hunter Roadforce balance test...

Wheels are true and round.

Thanks

I like the Allegra tires as well. They are available here at Canadian Tire Stores. They are a good balance of cost and perfomance. They are excellant in the wet and snow.
    Hank
    07 Dodge Caravan SXT 3.3L Gold 105,000 kms
    05 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3L Silver 165,000 kms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I like the Allegra tires as well. They are available here at Canadian Tire Stores. They are a good balance of cost and perfomance. They are excellant in the wet and snow.
    Hank
    Well i am hoping that they will still be producing them next summer when i go to replace the one i have now. I am a very satisfied GoodYear customer so far. My wifes car had a set of Michelin RainForce tires and they did nothing in the "rain" except spin and skid. Kinda false advertising you think?
    1974 AMC Gremlin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 05SXT View Post
    I've told this story before but it warrants repeating. It took my Goodyear dealer 12 ComforTred tires just to find 4 that would pass the Hunter Roadforce balance test...

Wheels are true and round.
    Ive never heard this story, but sorry for your back luck with the GoodYears. But this goes with any product we buy as consumers, some people like em and some people dont!
    1974 AMC Gremlin

Thanks

I have a set of Pirelli P4 225/60?16( do not recall the speed rating right now). I have found they give me good wet and dry weather road traction. Especially here in Seoul where we have a Monsoon season and people drive like maniacs.. Love them tires. Their traction has saved me from a few accidents, as I have a base model and no ABS.
    SEMPER FIDELIS
    Phillip

2004 Town and Country
    Still gong strong after 38 states, 4 Countries, and 2 Continents.

Currently playing "Bumper Car" in Seoul, Korea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbler View Post
    It's normal, lots of tires look like that. It's where the tire seams meet.
    Dave, How do you like the Altimax Rt tires?
    I'm considering buying them.
    I bought them from Tire Rack and they 1) were relatively inexpensive, 2) had good specs, and 3) received great reviews. They ride very nice and perform well in the rain. I rarely see snow so winter performance wasn't much of a concern for me. I'll have to wait and see how they hold up over the miles before I pass further judgement.
    Dave
    • 2003 DGC SE 3.3L - 248K miles and still strong
    • 2003 Nissan Frontier 2.4L - 186K miles
    • 2005 Ford Focus - 158K miles
    • 2008 Honda Civic - 90K miles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by V8Pacer View Post
    That's good to hear. They still sell the Allegra at Sam's Club in the States. I looked that that tire, but the tread looks awfully soft. It doesn't feel like a very sturdy tire. How do you rate the handling/stability of the tire. I've had both Goodyear Integrity and Viva 2 tires on our '03 and really hated them. The Allegra is based on the Viva Touring, so I didn't seriously consider them. Maybe they're better though.
    '11 Toyota Camry | 2.5/6AT | Sandy Beach
    '07 Chrysler T&C | 3.8/4AT | Cognac Crystal
    '05 Acura MDX | 3.5/5AT | Billet Silver
    '97 Dodge Dakota | 5.2/4AT | Emerald Green

+ Reply to Thread