The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Front Rotors 2005 Town & Country

13K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  marinecorpsski 
#1 ·
First time user. First time doing brakes on my 2005 town & country. Front disc and rear drums.

I have secured the caliper (so it doesn't hang), and removed the old brake pads. How do I remove the front rotors. I see 2 hex bolts that hold the bracket. I assume these need to be removed.

Does anyone have the size? Do I use a socket or wrench? How difficult is it to break these bolts free? ....would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

#2 ·
It is a metric bolt but I don't remember the size. I use a short breaker bar or wrench and I hit it with a small slege hammer to get it started. Not all that hard to remove the bradket.

#6 · (Edited)
Torque spec is 125 ft. lbs for those bolts. It's 13/16" on mine. Measure across the head (flat to flat) with a pair of vice grips or calipers and see what you get for a measurement.

Removing the whole bracket gives you the opportunity to clean up the guides well.

#7 ·
I don't know if it is helpful to anyone else, but, if I can get to them I try to loosen them before I jack it up, since it always seems easier for me to really put a torque on it on the ground. Don't know if your model is like that, but something for the next guy maybe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.