The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2001 town and country heat problem/gurgling in dash

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  underthehood 
#1 ·
My 2001 has heat sometimes and sometimes not.Turning on the power and off get it to blow hot air sometimes.When van is started there is a gurgling sound in the dash.Related/??Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Could be a blower motor under the passenger side dash, blower motor relay in the fuse box (IPM) next to the battery, or either a blower control module if you have auto temp control or a blower resistor block if you have manual temp control, both behind the glove box. To make sure, you'll have to get a meter out and trace the fault. If you want to shotgun parts I would start with the relay then the control module if equiped.

Dash gurgling is usually low A/C refridgerant. If you're not using it or defrost mode much, you may have air trapped in the heater core but, if that were the case you would likely have overheating issues.

#4 ·
If you hear gurgling then you are low on engine coolant hence intermittent heat.

Have you checked it when cool how low the radiator is? Do not rely on the over flow tank as a gauge as to how full the radiator is.

#5 ·
If you hear gurgling then you are low on engine coolant hence intermittent heat.

Have you checked it when cool how low the radiator is? Do not rely on the over flow tank as a gauge as to how full the radiator is.
x2. I would put money on it.

#7 ·
If you hear "gurgling" you have air in the cooling system causing the issue. Have you done any work on it? Has anyone else? have you checked the level in the tank and the radiator?
If all levels are up and nothing was done to open the system than my friend I am afraid you have a cracked head or bad head gasket(s)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.