The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

How to disable the factory alarm

160K views 57 replies 24 participants last post by  georgef 
#1 ·
I have done several searches and the results suggest there is no way to easily disable the factory alarm. If anyone has a way, I would welcome the info. :thumb:

My locks and alarm are nuts and I do not want to buy a new/rebuilt BSM to resolve the issues. We can live with the nutty locks, but when it sets off the alarm and disables the engine......it just gets too annoying. So if there was a way to just disable the alarm system.....we would do so.

Anyone have any ideas :confused:

#51 ·
Did you figure this out? You might be dealing with the same issue as me and it is not your fob. I had mine tested because the fob didn't lock/unlock my van most of the time.
The testing was free at the dealership but they told me that without doing some expensive diagnostic testing on the computer systems to see why this is happening, there is no way to know what is causing it.
I asked about disconnecting the alarm and they said that was illegal to do.
I can't afford to fix this now, and I don't want it to be permanent.
I have to open my door with my key and the horn alarm starts until I turn the car on, which is embarrassing, annoying to my neighbors and sometimes can take awhile to do so if my arms are full and I need to set stuff down first.
I was hoping it was just a fuse that I could remove and later replace. Cutting and splicing wires is out of my comfort zone.
Do you know anything new? Mine is a 2006 Town and Country Touring

#52 ·
You could try replacing the FOB, there is a method of hitting buttons to reprogram a new FOB to work using the existing one.

Otherwise, Your RKEM(remote keyless entry module) might be bad if the FOB only works intermittently, rather than the BCM itself.

#53 ·
Unfortunately, the dealership found it was not a problem with my fob, so replacing it would be pointless.
It might be the computer's receiver antenna. This is something I came across as a possibility.
The cost of diagnosing and fixing it is too high for me, thus the idea of disconnecting the alarm so it won't go off every time I get into my car sounds like a better option.
It's a 2006 minivan, so I don't feel afraid that it will get stolen, but I still don't want to leave it unlocked to deal with this issue. We have a lot of homeless people in our neighborhood and I wouldn't want to find one of them sleeping in my van. Lol

#57 ·
If you ever need the horn while driving to alert someone pulling out in front of you, you're screwed. I had to drive without a horn for a while once, and it was scary! I needed it a few times and it wasn't there (aftermarket steering wheel on another car I have).

#58 ·
I agree. It would be better to add a relay so the horn will only work when the ignition switch is on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.