How to disable the factory alarm

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to disable the factory alarm

Thanks

How to disable the factory alarm

I have done several searches and the results suggest there is no way to easily disable the factory alarm. If anyone has a way, I would welcome the info.

My locks and alarm are nuts and I do not want to buy a new/rebuilt BSM to resolve the issues. We can live with the nutty locks, but when it sets off the alarm and disables the engine......it just gets too annoying. So if there was a way to just disable the alarm system.....we would do so.

Anyone have any ideas
    At present: 01 T&C Ltd. AWD 3.8
    Other cars:
    99 Corvette 08 Miata MX5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Can you pull a non alarm BCM from a junk yard and try that? If the programming is not in the computer, it will not have the brains to control the alarm (correctly or incorrectly as in your case). This is only an idea so I'm not sure if it is feasible.
    Candy the van. '98 Sport 3.8L 132,200 miles. Used trans at ~96k. Great piece of my life and a fine van.

'69 GTO drop top
    www.facebook.com/people/Andy-Greif/1410438927

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Can you pull a non alarm BCM from a junk yard and try that? If the programming is not in the computer, it will not have the brains to control the alarm (correctly or incorrectly as in your case). This is only an idea so I'm not sure if it is feasible.
    That might work, but who knows what else a different BCM might disable on my Limited.

Can BCMs be selectively reprogrammed
    Other cars:
    99 Corvette 08 Miata MX5

Thanks

I would think that with the starscan tool you could reprogram things on the computers. This might cost a good amount of money and in the end maybe better off getting a new BCM.
    Candy the van. '98 Sport 3.8L 132,200 miles. Used trans at ~96k. Great piece of my life and a fine van.

'69 GTO drop top
    www.facebook.com/people/Andy-Greif/1410438927

Thanks

You can ask about it from some shop that installs alarm systems.
    They might know the answer because i think that they have to bypass the factory alarm when they install aftermarket alarmsystem, not sure thou

Chrysler Voyager 3.8 AWD 1997/98 130k km:s
    Honda Legend Coupe 3.2 1993
    Honda X-11 2001

Thanks

Unhappy Still looking

I am still looking for a way to disarm the factory alarm on my 99 T&C Ltd. it has become even more unpredictable now.

If the car is locked and you use the key to unlock the rear hatch it will alarm. Today I unlocked the drivers door first, but did not open the door, then opened the hatch and it went off again.

My wife will not drive the van now as it has gone off on her at the grocery twice.

There has to be a way to disable it
    Other cars:
    99 Corvette 08 Miata MX5

Thanks

Exclamation Help!!!! Wiring guys step in

Found this link
    http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...etail/668.html

thought I had hit the jack pot when I looked down the list and found line 13
    Factory Disarm White/Dark Green (665 Ohm) left Connector bottom of Fuse Panel problem is, when I dug out the White w/Dark Green tracer and cut it all it did was disable the driver's door lock switch........which is also listed at line 16 as
    Door Unlock White/Dark Green White Connector B58 Connector 250 Ohm Resistor perhaps I have the wrong connector on the left of the fuse panel......but I only see two big connectors, one on the left bottom and one on the right bottom of the fuse panel.

So I butt spliced the wire I cut and the driver's door lock switch works again.

Any ideas on where the Factory Disarm wire actually is ????
    Other cars:
    99 Corvette 08 Miata MX5

Thanks

Hey jrprich,

I have a 96 T&C with a goofy alarm also. While I don't have the answer as to how to disable, what I have been doing is when I go to leave the van, I make sure all my passengers are out and their doors closed, then I lock the van with the power lock button while I'm still inside it. Then, I open the door and before I close it I press the manual door lock button down and close the door. The van is locked, but the alarm is not armed. This keeps the alarm from going off by itself but still allows me to unlock it with the key or the remote. Hope this helps.
    89 Caravan C/V 3.0
    93 Voyager Mod.2.5
    96 T&C 3.3
    06 Caravan 2.4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandriver View Post
    Hey jrprich,

I have a 96 T&C with a goofy alarm also. While I don't have the answer as to how to disable, what I have been doing is when I go to leave the van, I make sure all my passengers are out and their doors closed, then I lock the van with the power lock button while I'm still inside it. Then, I open the door and before I close it I press the manual door lock button down and close the door. The van is locked, but the alarm is not armed. This keeps the alarm from going off by itself but still allows me to unlock it with the key or the remote. Hope this helps.
    I will give that a try
    not sure my wife will accept this work around though

But I would still like to just disable the factory alarm for good.
    Other cars:
    99 Corvette 08 Miata MX5

Thanks

We have been doing the alarm ritual for years due to our goofy alarm. You basically lock all of the doors with the inside electric lock or the key fob. Then you click the fob once to unlock just the drivers side(which also disarms the alarm) and manually press the top lock pin down. The net effect is to have all doors locked but the alarm disabled. My wife is OK with this method. If I am by myself, I exit the van and just manually push down the button because I know all the other doors are automatically locked after going faster than 16 MPH.

Honestly, the alarm systems are a joke anyway. They false trigger on so many cars(not just Chryslers) that no one pays them any more attention. Now, if the car could silently send you an email alarm on your Blackberry ....you'd ignore it as well!
    98 Town&Country LXI, 3.8L, 192k miles (sold)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply