Blind Spots

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blind Spots

Thanks

Blind Spots

I purchased a T+C LX new on 7/31/08. The blind spots in the 5th gen are horrible. I owned a '97 Grand Caravan Se before I bought the LX.The sight lines were great. Now, the headrests make it impossible for a person to look around or behind. It is hard to see to backup. The back window is smaller than the 4th gen. The driver side back side window is impossible to see out of if you are merging. The big housing for the sideview mirrors hold much smaller mirrors than the previous generation. The interior is cheap compared to my Caravan. The same 3.3 engine I had in the Caravan, now sounds like a diesel. The only reason I bought the T+C was because the LX had a bench seat that is used by a disabled person in my family. Chrysler spent a billion dollars to design this? No wonder they are in financial difficulties.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

interesting I have no problems seeing to the sides or rear...

2011 T&C Limited - Deep Cherry Pearl, Black Napa Leather, Sunroof, PWR 3rd Row,
    2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4x4 Quad Cab - Laramie - Fully Loaded with options. Edge EZ, Lots of LED Lighting.

Thanks

Sounds slightly troll-ish to me.

Usually when someone forks over a sizeable chunk of money for a new vehicle, the last thing they want to do is trash it completely... it's not in their own interest.

Thanks

Yeah. First-time post and it's almost 100% bashing.

Isn't this something one discovers right away during the test drive?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhnep17 View Post
    I purchased a T+C LX new on 7/31/08. The blind spots in the 5th gen are horrible. I owned a '97 Grand Caravan Se before I bought the LX.The sight lines were great. Now, the headrests make it impossible for a person to look around or behind. It is hard to see to backup. The back window is smaller than the 4th gen. The driver side back side window is impossible to see out of if you are merging. The big housing for the sideview mirrors hold much smaller mirrors than the previous generation. The interior is cheap compared to my Caravan. The same 3.3 engine I had in the Caravan, now sounds like a diesel. The only reason I bought the T+C was because the LX had a bench seat that is used by a disabled person in my family. Chrysler spent a billion dollars to design this? No wonder they are in financial difficulties.
    Sometimes these things take some getting used to. I think I remember a similar situation going from our 3rd to our 4th generation, but adapted just fine after some time. Drive a Pacifica, or nearly any crossover vehicle these days, and you will appreciate the visibility in your minivan. Even the Chrysler 300s have limited visibility compared to most. Must be a trend.

My guess is that in another month or two, it won't even be an issue. Enjoy the van....

.....AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
    2011 Chrysler T&C Limited 3.6L V6
    2004 Honda CRV LX 2.4L I4
    2000 Honda Civic VP 1.6L I4

Thanks

Idea .... Put your stow and go seats down permantly and never carry anymore passengers, get some fender mounted tow mirrors and a telephone book to sit on and you'll have no more blind spots.

Welcome to the Forum
    1994 Dodge Caravan SE 3.0L 448,000km and counting
    1978 V8 AMC Pacer DL(sold my 16 yr love affair)
    1974 AMC Gremlin

Thanks

did you test drive/??

Quote Originally Posted by jhnep17 View Post
    Jeez, did you get to test drive it before you bought it. If so, then why did you make the purchase? I would never buy a vehicle that I am so unhappy with. Not being too critical of you, but have to wonder why, if you were aware of these deficiencies, you bought the vehicle.??

Thanks

try this:
    Attached Images
    2008 town & country touring 3.8L.

2005 toyota matrix xr

+ Reply to Thread