Lense for turn signal light on side view mirror fell off

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lense for turn signal light on side view mirror fell off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2002CaravanSE View Post
    Where oh where did Chrysler fail on the 5G models?
    Hm. They got me to trade in a 2008 Honda Odyssey and I've been happy ever since. Perhaps they didn't do as bad of a job as you are claiming.
    2011 T & C Limited - White Gold/ - Dark Frost Beige/Medium Frost Beige
    Every option except Towing Package
    > 7,000 miles (had 1 on the odometer at delivery)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

I'm perfectly happy with mine. It rides really nicely. No problems.

Now if my van could just watch out for OTHER people, I'd be all set!
    2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8L), Light Sandstone Metallic, 125K miles
    2005 Volvo XC70, 160K miles

Previous van: 2002 Chrysler T&C, eX (3.8L)

Thanks

Update, well just after one year anni, the left rear turn signal indicator lamp burned out, and computer started beeping at us. The 4000km oil change light (which should be 10000km) also came on. Time for a visit.

appt 9:30am, need car by 4pm
    list:
    rear wiper fell off
    turn signal lamp
    rear gate motor (ordered a few months ago, needed part, never called us)
    brake squeak (14000km - covered in the brake thread)

we call at 3:30, as they have not called us yet. oh its been in there for a few hours, shouldnt be much longer. A few hours, our appt was at 9;30am this morning....uuuuh, we'll call you back. we call back at 3:45, "we might have to keep it overnight" ... finally your car will be ready, you can pickup between 5-5:30

arrived to pick up. desk girl was "busy" with something. Waited a few minutes, oddly enough someone else in the dealership called my wife's cell phone while we were standing there to say car was ready... well that's good cause we are here.

Paperwork wasnt ready, but they let us go, everything covered by warranty; gate fixed, wiper fixed (either/both delayed as they had to get parts shipped), new brakes, and turn indicator lamp.

Car not washed, but I guess that's a dealer thing. The dealer has always seemed to be busy, which is great considering they closed the other markham chrysler dealership so all those customers will be going there now as well.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by mackbig View Post
    My left lense fell off at a random time during the winter........SNIP........
    Items replaced or waiting for replacement
    both side mirrors turn signal lense (warranty)
    valve on one rim, went to take of snows, and it was seized (warranty)
    several o2 sensors and computer modules (warranty)
    back automatic lift gate, kachucks on the way up. (ordered part a few weeks/months? ago)
    turned on rear wipe, and it popped off. Not sure if a part flew away, but ended up with a spring adn the arm, but can not figure out how to re-attach, so we will bulk that fix in with the door visit.
    .............snip........Andrew
    --
    2008 Town and Country LTD

Thanks

Sounds like a successful trip. Is everything to your satisfaction?
    2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8L), Light Sandstone Metallic, 125K miles
    2005 Volvo XC70, 160K miles

Previous van: 2002 Chrysler T&C, eX (3.8L)

Thanks

I picked up the amber LED mirror segments from a MB dealer and custom installed them into my 04's mirrors. Thes segments cost less than Chrysler wanted and are vastly superior in construction and function. They are sealed shut!!!!!

Also I have noted that Chrysler has increased the price of major replacement parts such as clock springs, by about 300% over the past few years.
    2004 Town & Country Limited, Michlin HydroEdge, added OEM Rear Sway Bar, German OEM Headlights with Hella H7+30 and H9 bulbs, Centric Rotors, Akabono Ceramic Pads, front and rear, rear hitch.

2001 PT Cruiser Limited automatic, Goodyear TripleTread rear, Goodyear Eagle ResponseEdge front, performance sway bar bushings and front links, 9011 and 9012 bulbs, front tower bar, Centric Rotors, Akabono Ceramic Pads, front only, Champion dual plat plugs, Mopar performance plug wires.

Thanks

So far so good. They have replaced everything undere warranty that I have asked them to replace. My concern is mostly with the volume of things I need resolved given the short time I have had the vehicle. And that the dealer is not too good on follow up with parts they order, or meeting deadlines.

Oh well, knock on wood. So far it beats my '02 Envoy, replaced 7 brake lamps, and 3 turn lamps in 2-3 years, twice they replaced the whole light assembly.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by jgiurleo View Post
    Sounds like a successful trip. Is everything to your satisfaction?
    --
    2008 Town and Country LTD

Thanks

Replacement LEDs and lens covers

Does anyone have the part numbes and costs for the LED assemblies and lenses (the silver plastic pieces that cover the LEDs)? Are there aftermarket sources?

Did someone early in this thread say Chrysler wants $79US for the little piece of plastic trim (what I am calling the "lens")
    2008 T&C Touring - Crimson Red; Signature Series

Thanks

That's about what I paid for an entire LED unit for the mirror from a MB dealer.
    2004 Town & Country Limited, Michlin HydroEdge, added OEM Rear Sway Bar, German OEM Headlights with Hella H7+30 and H9 bulbs, Centric Rotors, Akabono Ceramic Pads, front and rear, rear hitch.

2001 PT Cruiser Limited automatic, Goodyear TripleTread rear, Goodyear Eagle ResponseEdge front, performance sway bar bushings and front links, 9011 and 9012 bulbs, front tower bar, Centric Rotors, Akabono Ceramic Pads, front only, Champion dual plat plugs, Mopar performance plug wires.

Thanks

clarify please

By "entire LED unit" do you mean the small board that goes in the mirror and the "lens"?
    2008 T&C Touring - Crimson Red; Signature Series

Thanks

Yes; an entire sealed unit with the electronics, LED's, etc.

+ Reply to Thread