Rear Cargo Organizer Installation Instructions

ChryslerMiniVan.net is the premier Chrysler Minivan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rear Cargo Organizer Installation Instructions

Thanks

Rear Cargo Organizer Installation Instructions

A friend sold me a factory option rear cargo organizer for my 2001 Town and Country. He bought it several years ago but never installed it.

He provided all the parts but not the installation instructions. I've figured out how the lower two bolts attach but I am having a hard time figuring out where to place the two side supports that the upper shelf sits in when the organizer is raised.

Does anyone have an idea where I could get the installation instructions?

Failing that, could someone with this option provide a good photo of the upper side mounts so that I can get an idea where they should go?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chrysler Minivan Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dgdunlap View Post
    A friend sold me a factory option rear cargo organizer for my 2001 Town and Country. He bought it several years ago but never installed it.

He provided all the parts but not the installation instructions. I've figured out how the lower two bolts attach but I am having a hard time figuring out where to place the two side supports that the upper shelf sits in when the organizer is raised.

Does anyone have an idea where I could get the installation instructions?

Failing that, could someone with this option provide a good photo of the upper side mounts so that I can get an idea where they should go?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    I can take a shot of ours and post a picture this weekend (possibly tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it).
    Sold: 1998 DGC Sport 3.8 (Final odo: 178,000 miles)
    Sold: 1998 Chrysler T&C LXi 3.8 (Final odo: 190,000 miles)
    Sold: 2003 DGC ES 3.8 (Final odo: 172,000 miles)
    1998 Audi A4 Quattro (5-Speed manual)
    2001 Honda Accord EX V6 (4-Speed automatic)
    2009 Mazda3 i Touring (5-Speed manual)
    2012 VW GTI (6-Speed manual)

Thanks

Cargo Shelf

Our van has the cargo shelf, the interior plastic trim pieces on either side of the hatch opening have big U shaped fittings to receive the rubber end bars, already molded in. Guess you'll have to scout out a van at a junk yard or buy right and left trim pieces from Chrysler? Ours came from the factory with the cargo shelf as listed on the original window sticker. They SHOULD have sold the trim/support pieces with the kit, one would think.
    The cargo shelf is AWESOME! It keeps all the junk we carry (3 kids) organized and out of the way, and we can fit a weeks groceries with no trouble. A work of genius! Just don't try to recline the seats with it up.
    Good luck to you.
    Charles

Thanks

Installing It

Sorry I skipped this- The two big screws go into the recessed fittings on the floor near the bumper, the rubber bar snaps into the fittings on the side trim (which you seem to be missing?). Real easy to install or remove with just the 2 screws. To fold down, fold all the tray dividers down, fold the tray front and back down, lift and usnap the bar, and lower it to the floor by the handle in the center.

Thanks

Cargo organizer installation

I installed one of these a couple of years ago. My original van was totalled, and I grabbed the organizer from the van before it was hauled away. The replacement (used) van didn't have this option, so I was in the same boat on how to install.

My way...

Remove the trim side panels on each side of the door trim. On the back side of these panels, there are molded areas where the side supports need to go. You need a hole saw to drill through the plastic (don't know the size, but you can figure it out from the size support pieces).

To secure the side supports, I installed T nuts, which I riveted into the metal door frame. I drilled holes for the rivets while the T-nuts were on the outside of the frame. As I recall, there were larger openings where I could fit the entire T-nut into the backside, and I used a string to pull the 'neck' of the T through a hole to the frontside. This gives a solid metal holding the T. The rivets are used to hold the T in place if you remove the support for some reason, but don't hole the weight of the support itself. A machine screw through he bracket into the T nut is all you need (put the trim piece back first).

Just make sure the T nuts go on the backside of the metal frame; the rivets themselves aren't strong enough to hold the nut onto the front of the frame (ask me how I know!).

If you don't have the supports, I bought them through the dealer (maybe $20 each or something ridiculous like that), but everything is color matched.

I installed T Nuts to the floor (lip) area as well to provide a solid place for the floor screws to attach to.

Hope my description makes sense...

See pics from web images; my van is "in use" right now (meaning, my wife is out spending up a storm...) so I can't get any real pics.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sapp4l; 11-26-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: add attachment...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sapp4l For This Useful Post:

Joel_B (02-22-2014)

Thanks

82206265 cargo tray install pdf instructions

Wyckoff Chrysler has the instructions for the tray here:

http://site.wyckoffchryslerparts.com...s/82206265.pdf

Thanks

Thanks for the Cargo Organizer Help

Combining these posts will let me figure it out. You guys were a huge help! Thanks a lot!
    Dan

Thanks

Is this a Grand Caravan feature only? I have a shorty and would like something like this.
    IAFarmer

Current Rides

02 Chrysler Voyager
    08 Chevy 1500 Supercab
    1981 International Cub Cadet 782
    1976 Spirit of 76 Cadet mower

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    this seems pretty cool, i would love to install one of these!

Thanks

Cargo Shelf

If the area behind the seats is the same size as the longer vans, it should work. I know the shorter wb versions had less leg room in the 3rd row, but are they the same depth in the cargo area?
    If you have kids or a lot of junk it's worth $200 IMO. We tried a Chrysler/Mopar floor tray in our 3rd gen years ago, after a few months it ended up in the trash. This one works!

+ Reply to Thread