The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2002 Grand Caravan sport radiator question

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cvguy 
#1 ·
Ok I am new to working on these minivans but have a good mechanical backround. Me and my uncle just did a 2002 3.3 to a 2001 3.3 engine swap. Our problem is it makes Zero heat, and it pegs the temp gauge from time to time. So how do you properly fill the cooling system? Thank you for any help ahead of time.

#2 ·
I've only been on this forum for a short time and am new to these vans, but I remember reading somewhere on here that it helps to park the van on a nose up incline to burp the system. That may be if it has rear heat, since the rear heater core sits above the rest of the system when level. Hopefully this gives you a place to start...

#3 ·
With rad cap off and heat on full blast, run until the coolant gets hot. Top off whenever the coolant is no longer visible in the rad neck. Once the coolant stays in the rad neck, then fill the overflow to around half way full. These vans do not have a particularly difficult time burping the air, and I've never had any problems with it myself. If you've done this and there are still the problems you describe, then IMO there is something wrong either with the cooling system or the new engine (such as head gasket leaking coolant).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.