The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Same old problem with leak on passenger side

4K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  KaKa 
#1 ·
Water leaks within the passenger compartment. I bought it new. I was sold part 56000724-AB to repair the problem. This replacement part is supposed to go over a nipple drain protruding from the AC-Heater housing. My particular van does not have this hose nipple. The AC-Heater housing has only a horizontal hole beneath the housing. The original part that began leaking was similar to a grummet with a small tube in the center. This grummet would go inside the horizontal hole in bottom of the AC-Heater housing. This resulted in a approximately 3/16" hose extening approximately 5 inches down the outside of the firewall. Can you help me find the right part number for the piece that resembles a grommet? The condensate water is smelling. Parts department at dealer way of no help. My neighbor has a van and his has the same type drain so I know mine isn't the only one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.