The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Vaccum Line help.

10K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jase386 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
i thougth about splicing, but i figured if one part of it is brittle, then all of it would be. it looks like it goes into a canister that is made as part of the battery tray.

and does anyone know what the **** that little vaccum line is for?

#5 ·
It goes to the cruise control. I broke mine also and had to splice it when I changed the spark plugs/wires. Cruise is working fine now.

#6 ·
I replaced all of those rubber vacuum hoses with plastic screen washer hose, bought in 1 metre lengths, and routed them above the air intake well away from the exhaust headers.

The original rubber hose is available from Chrysler stealerships, but you might need a bank loan to pay for it :eek:

#7 ·
yep. broke them on my parents 97 PGV. We used some old vinyl tubing from some medical supplies we had laying around.

#8 ·
I picked up a roll of vacuum hose from the auto store and replaced all the vacuum lines on my GEN1. It's real easy to do. The vacuum hose won't melt as easily as the clear stuff does, and doesn't get hard and brittle as quickly.

#9 ·
do you have some kind of diagram that shows where all the hoses go or did you just mark them as you replaced them?

the hose that is broken is the little hard plastic one. my main question is where is the other end of this hose? i want to replace the whole thing, not just splice. What all do i have to take out to get to the bottom end of it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.