The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1994 Chrysler Town and Country - broken inside hood release

12K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  skyhawk1953 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 mini van with a broken inside hood release. The plastic handle came off months ago and hubby attached vice grips to the remaining piece of cable. Well, now when we pull on the remaining piece of cable...nothing happens. Hood does not pop open! Is there anyway of getting the hood open on this van? The battery has died and the hood won't open..not a good thing. This is about the only thing not covered in hubby's shop manuel. Any ideas?

#2 ·
while pulling on the cable have hubby bump the hood a few times to "pop" the hood. when it is open lube the release and related parts. Replace the cable ASAP with one from a wrecking yard.

That's what I would do anyhow

Rob/HBT :wave: :canadaf:

oh how silly of me, welcome to the forums and the Chrysler Minivan site :wave:

#3 ·
I replaced the cable in my 95 - same thing had happened, the handle had separated from its post. For awhile, I was able to open the hood by pulling really hard on it.

Once you get it open, it's easy to replace. I did it at my son's lacrosse practice, in less than a half hour. If you can't find one at a wrecking yard, as I recall the price at the dealer is not too bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.