Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    499 Posts
    www.popupexplorer.com
    Same username

I used the 4-flat T-One kit from www.etrailer.com, and 7-way convertor
    T-one plugs inline right at both tailights (no splicing). The 7-way kit plugs into the 4-way, plus has the leads for 12V Aux, ground, brakes, and reverse (unused). So I had another ground to the sheetmetal in the jackstow area), then 12V and brake lines to the dash. All of my wiring is inside. Cable gets coiled and stowed in the jack-stow area.

Blue is the standard color for the brake wire. Your P3 (excellent choice!), will require 4 wires:
    +12V Power (this supplies constant 12V to the controller)
    -12V Ground
    Brake Light switch (no voltage sent unless this wire sees power from the light switch)
    Output (if the switch wire is powered, P3 sends proportional voltage thru this wire to the rear)

Go to etrailer.com, and do the electrical kit search for your vehicle. You can then watch some videos showing general installation.

· Registered
    3 Posts
    Hi eh!
    What "towing site" do you frequent? I'm a budding tower and eager to learn from other's mistakes....<grin>
    If I can pick your brain...I'm struggling with Mopar's 7-way wiring harness and that stoopid single blue wire under the dash vs. my Tekonsha P3 that is currently in the mail...
    Any Guidance & Direction? I can't find a damn thing anywhere...<sigh> even Tekonsha doesn't have their "General Wiring Guidlines" available on their site.
    Thanks!
    Eric
    Ontario, Canada
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…